Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Meera Chopra: 'I was a glorified extra'



Meera Chopra, who had earlier announced her retirement plans and later retracted it, is now back in the limelight. And this time, it is for hitting out at the makers of Jaganmohini for shortening her role in the film. Says Meera Chopra, “I was supposed to be the heroine of Jaganmohini, but after watching the film at a theatre in Hyderabad, I realised that my role in the film is that of a glorified ‘extra’. My role has been butchered; they have knocked of atleast 30 minutes of my role in the film.”
Meera Chopra feels that as the date of release fast approached, the focus shifted to Namitha. She says she was not even part of the film’s promotional events and her picture was reduced to the size of a stamp on the posters of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment