Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Balakrishna's Pandurangadu film details

Balakrishna's Pandurangadu film details
15 April 2008


Unit members of Nandamuri Balakrishna's latest film Pandurangadu today held a media briefing at Prasad Labs, Hyderabad. The event coincided with the Telugu New Year Day (Ugadi) and it is the first ever announcement after the movie was launched. Hero Balakrishna, director K. Raghavendra Rao, producer Krishna Mohan, Viswanath, Suddala Ashok Teja, Chandrabose, senior actor Balayya, LB Sriram, Sameer, Apoorva, Suhasini, JK Bharavi and others took part in the function. RK Associates is making this film.

Balakrishna said: "This is my second film with RK Associates, which earlier did Apoorva Sahodarulu with me. Panduranga Mahatyam, which starred my father NTR with producer being my uncle (chinnanna) Trivikrama Rao, completed 50 years last year. It is divine providence that I am acting in the remake of this film now. There is uniqueness in this film compared to its original. Here, you have additional characters. I feel honoured to be doing the son to veteran Viswanath. The movie's success depends on the collective efforts. I am thankful to one and all."

K. Viswanath said: "I heard a lot many things about director Raghavendra Rao. He is such a man who remains dead serious for two seconds and frolic for another 58 seconds in a minute. His moods are not be understood by anybody. He holds dual personality, which at the same time enhanced the levels of creativity. I have learnt so many things from him. I would be using the knowledge in my coming films. KRR is like one man army. He doesn't depend on writer, music director or cinematographer. I feel like doing one more film under his direction."

MM Keeravani said: "NTR is my evergreen hero both in reel and real life. It is my sheer luck to score music for Pandurangadu, which has Balakrishna, enacting the role of his father (my hero). I credit the success of the music to the entire team – Suddala Ashok Teja and Chandrabose. I dedicate the audio of Pandurangadu to TV Raju, who originally scored music for Panduranga Mahatyam. Both of us belong to one village near Rajahmundry."

Script writer JK Bharavi said that the audio would be released at Chilakalapudi, near Machilipatnam on April 27th.

Tabu and Sneha costarred Balakrishna in the film. The other prominent cast includes Sunil, Dharmavarapu, Prasad Babu, Ananth, Y. Vijaya, Suhasini etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment